January 29, 2012 § Leave a comment
It’s been a busy couple of weeks but skinning the pants has been going well. There are still a few rough spots but the mesh looks pretty good moving forward and backward, next order of business is to animate some sideways and twisting movements to see if those look good or if the weighting needs to be adjusted.
In our large group meeting on Friday we did some video taping for data on the possible range of movement of the leg. We set up front and side cameras as well as an overhead camera to ensure we could accurately determine the position of the leg.
The sky cam was a digital video recorder mounted to a board that we then perched in the ceiling.
January 17, 2012 § Leave a comment
Since the end of fall quarter I have been working on refining the model of Paula’s pants to even out some of the odd creases in the mesh and prepare the new pants mesh to join with the old meshes for the rest of Paula.
Unfortunately my estimates of size based on the ball and stick figure did not line up precisely line up with the rest of the mesh necessitating some adjustment of both the new pants and Paula.
The issues were:
1. Paula’s old pant’s and new pants were different lengths.
2. The new pants cut through Paula’s shins.
3. The waist’s didn’t quite line up.
These issues have all been cleared up and over the next week I will begin rigging and weighting the new pants mesh.
While I am working on rigging the pants Jason will be working on how to transfer the weight tables from the old meshes to the new mesh with the new pants.